The Bhumi Support Team and its people have collectively managed the Ignite – Shelters programme since inception, till date but times have changed.
[table “” not found /]
A case for change is the Ignite (Shelters) Support Team – ISST, a team that
- is more connected with the volunteers on the ground
- Can oversee day to day management the programme giving its undivided focus only on Ignite – Shelters
- can take decisions for Ignite – Shelters more aligned to how contemporary volunteers think and do
What will the Bhumi Support Team – BST do?
- Function as the “Board” for the Ignite – Shelters team
- Divide time better across the organisation
- Support and hand hold the Ignite (Shelters) Support Team in the transition
Responsibilities of the Bhumi Support Team for Ignite – Shleters
The Bhumi Support team will focus keeping with the organization’s vision, mission, and strategic planning goals. Responsibilities include:
- Approving members chosen for the Ignite (Shelters) Support Team
- Providing strategic direction and long term priorities / goals for the programme
- Approving major policies / decisions
- Reviewing progress – Quarterly
- Serving as external advocates – Representing the programme to funders etc.
Responsibilities of the Ignite (Shelters) Support Team
The team will lead the programme in keeping with the BST’s direction. Responsibilities include:
- Providing direction on annual priorities / goals for the programme
- Making policies / decisions pertaining to the programme
- Keeping the BST educated and informed
- Bringing well-documented recommendations and information to the BST