- Ramakrishna Home (Akshya): Not enough class rooms > Bhargav to speak to management
- Dr.PV Rao School (Ashwin): Two children joined mid-year; classes happening on the ground but vols have no issues; 1 centre Coordinator – 4 Batch Coordinator system to be properly implemented.
- SISTWA (Aditya): 7/16 classes have been cancelled on Saturdays; 9-11 or 10-12 implement common time after discussing with Gopi
- BM (Sathya): Children are also going to Kanini classes?!?!
- YMCA (Raghavi): Place is still water logged leading to some difficulty; Bible classes and parents meets causing some difficulty towards conduct of classes
- Seva Chakra (Nikita): Need a bureau to store stuff > Sriram; Donor visits are allowed to disturb classes
- ICCW (Pritham): Needs male volunteers; PTA meet interfering with classes on 1st Sunday of every month
- All centres have only 60-70% volunteer attendance on most days
- Chronic errant volunteers to be made to quit
- All volunteers to have access to their credit score and those who are unwilling to raise the score maybe asked to discontinue teaching
- Speak Out has added only 50 volunteers from 486 people who walked in to the last 6 orientations. 110 volunteers selected SPO but 60 did not make it past the screening. so more orientations are needed.
- Old volunteers continuing next year to go through commitment checks
- Video of Mock teaching round to be circulated to volunteers post next orientation
- All centres to submit reports after current round of tests to Hari and to respective centre managements
- Log sheets not being updated on time (Vaish to follow up regularly)
- Sajida & Bhooma trying out Phonics for one batch of children at RKH. They will explore this further with Genki & Vidyarambam
- Need for ERP discussed > Credit scores to be publicised instead for now
- Do children need to be informed prior about assessments?
- Do we have to connect with teachers who teach our children English?
- Project not in a position to expand further next year
- Potential leadership for the next year remains to be identified.
Attended by: Harikumar, Vinod S, Zeba, Jegan, Pritham, Raghavi, Nithya, Nikita, Sajida, Aaditya, Ashwin L, Prahalathan & Vaishnavi
Date: 18/11/12 Sunday, Bhumi Office @ 4pm